Published Date: 15 February 2019
Tender Status: active
Tender Opening Date: 15 February 2019
Tender Closing Date: 20 February 2019
Award Date: n/a
Contract Start Date: n/a
Contract End Date: n/a
Contract is suitable for SMEs: Yes
Contract is suitable for VCSEs: No
Official Journal of the European Union (OJEU) Contract Type: Services
This is a call for competition. NHS Leicester City CCG is re-commissioning its Management of Helicobacter Pylori C13 Urea Breath Test Service.
This opportunity is to maintain a wide provider market and patient choice for this service by commissioning this as an AQP contract framework.
The Commissioners wish to receive responses to the Invitation to Tender (ITT) from suitably qualified and experienced Providers with the necessary capacity and capability (or a demonstrable ability to provide the necessary capacity and capability) to provide the range of services required.
The aims and objectives of the service are:
• To satisfactorily deliver the H Pylori breath test service across Leicester City.
• To enable appropriate and timely treatment for the management of dyspepsia
• To improve the care of patients with dyspepsia symptoms through the provision of a standardised effective and evidence-based H. pylori service.
• To ensure that all patients with dyspepsia requiring a H-Pylori test as per NICE guidelines have access to this test in a community setting
• To improve access and choice for patients
• To ensure that all requests for Endoscopy are appropriate and only those patients with "ALARM symptoms" are referred to secondary care providers. This will prevent unnecessary and inappropriate outpatient attendances which has an emphasis on providing better value for money
• To ensure that the treatment and review of dyspeptic patients is documented on practice computer systems so that a register of patients with dyspepsia can be produced
Please see service specification for further detail.
In securing services from Providers, the Commissioner needs assurance of competence, quality and safety standards, just as it would for services secured under a formal tender process. Any provider will be eligible to join a list of qualified providers subject to demonstrating competency against the authority's specified criteria. The list will be open to new entrants to the market, and previous unsuccessful applicants subject to assessment. Providers must deliver the service from premises within Leicester City (as defined by the boundary of Leicester City council)
The successful provider(s) will be expected to sign the standard NHS contract, accepting all terms and conditions. It should be noted that under the Any Qualified Provider model, there will be no guarantees of volume or payment in the contracts awarded. This contract is available until 31st March 2024.
The contract duration will be for a period of 5 years.
The ITT will be live on the 18th January 2019 on M&L CSU Bravo portal (see below) and it will have a deadline for submissions of 12:00 on the 20th February 2019. Clarifications may be asked during the procurement process up to a week before the ITT deadline, i.e. the deadline for submitting clarification questions on the tender is 17:00 18th February 2019.
(to register on the ML CSU Bravo portal please see instructions in the attachment)
Contact name: Paulo Cabral
Address: Anglesey House,Towers Business Park
Price Range: £1