Published Date: 4 June 2020
Tender Status: active
Tender Opening Date: 4 June 2020
Tender Closing Date: 1 July 2020
Award Date: n/a
Contract Start Date: n/a
Contract End Date: n/a
Contract is suitable for SMEs: Yes
Contract is suitable for VCSEs: No
Official Journal of the European Union (OJEU) Contract Type: Services
South Somerset District Council are leading the regeneration of Yeovil town centre. The council adopted the Yeovil Refresh in 2018 which is a holistic strategy to improve and transform the town. The Yeovil Refresh Projects are a corporate priority for SSDC and have high level support.
The council has allocated a £20 million gross and £2.5 million net budget to tackle these issues. SSDC have recently submitted a bid to the Future High Streets Fund for £14.2 million. A key element of that bid is the ongoing monitoring and evaluation of the impact of any actions. The fund conditions require that the council install footfall counters in the town centre.
The council is seeking to install up to five footfall counters in the core streets. These run from Westminster Street in the western edge of the town to the junction of Middle Street with South Western Terrace at the eastern end of the core commercial area.
As an element of this installation the council will require access to the collected data, analytical tools, reporting capability, benchmarking data, general support, planned and unplanned maintenance through the life of the contract.
• The Council wishes to install 5 footfall counters to provide robust footfall measurement through the central core of Yeovil.
• Suppliers should identify the most appropriate locations to achieve maximum coverage and representative footfall data in the town centre.
• The footfall counters should enable easy collection of data to support the analysis of the impacts of planned physical and soft interventions.
• The supplier should provide associated software and analytical tools which can enable the council to interpret collected data. This should be available and easily accessible.
• The council require a clear installation schedule leading to a commencement of monitoring.
• The council require a clear planned and non- routine maintenance programme throughout the life of the contract
Contact name: Brendan Downes
Address: The Council Office Brympton Way
Telephone: +44 1935462076
Price Range: £60,000 - £60,000