Published Date: 26 September 2017
Tender Status: active
Tender Opening Date: 26 September 2017
Tender Closing Date: 26 October 2017
Award Date: n/a
Contract Start Date: n/a
Contract End Date: n/a
Contract is suitable for SMEs: Yes
Contract is suitable for VCSEs: Yes
Official Journal of the European Union (OJEU) Contract Type: Services
NHS Arden and Greater East Midlands CSU (AGCSU), on behalf of NHS England Midlands and East (Central Midlands) and East and North CCG (the Commissioners) under joint commissioning arrangements, is inviting suitably qualified and experienced providers to deliver Primary Care Medical Services at Spring House Medical Centre, Welwyn Garden City.
The Commissioners are looking for a provider to deliver:
• High quality, patient centred and value for money (VFM) Primary GP services, delivered in a safe and effective manner.
• Primary Medical Services including Essential, Additional and Enhanced Services.
The Commissioners are seeking to identify a provider(s) who will deliver GP Services for patients in Welwyn Garden City under an Alternative Primary Medical Services (APMS) contract only.
The successful Bidder will need to demonstrate that they can deliver service(s) of a continuously high-quality and will be responsive to the needs of the local population. The Provider will be assessed on an on-going basis to ensure they deliver the quality required.
The services must be provided by GPs, Nurses and other practice staff.
The Provider will be expected to:
• Provide primary care services which will be accessible, convenient and responsive
• Design services around the needs of patients and carers, ensuring they are offered
more choice and have a greater say in their treatment
• Have processes in place to evaluate and continually improve on patient satisfaction
• Have processes in place to engage effectively with the local communities
• Participate in Quality and Outcomes Framework (QOF)
• Be eligible for and expected to provide all Enhanced Services, remunerated in line
with the relevant Directions as specified by the commissioner on an annual basis.
• Promotion of healthy living with the aim of tackling the underlying causes of ill
As a result of this procurement exercise an agreement will be established with the successful Bidder(s) for a period of 3 years, with the Commissioner having the option to extend the Contract for up to a further 2 years (maximum contract period 5 years).
The current contracts for the Service will end 31st March 2018 and as a result the successful Bidder(s) is expected to be fully operational by 1st April 2018.
Based on the current weighted patient list size (7305.48 as of July 2017) the maximum contract value for the service provision resultant of this procurement will be circa �3,851,522 over the life time of the contract (5 years maximum).This figure excludes Enhanced Services and QOF payments.
It is envisaged that TUPE will apply.
The contracting Authority intends to use the eTendering system in this procurement
exercise. Please see 'Additional text' below on how to register.
Please note the deadline to express an interest and request documents is 12 noon, 24th October 2017.
Completed bids must be submitted by 12 noon, 26th October 2017.
Contact name: n/a
Address: Cardinal Square 10 Nottingham Road
Price Range: n/a