The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors - RICS - is one of the most respected and high profile global 'standards and membership' organisations for professionals involved in land, valuation, real estate, construction and environmental issues...
* 134 years of representing property professionalism
* 130 000 members across 120 countries world-wide
* 360 degree level courses approved world-wide
* 500 research and policy papers published per year
* 50 national associations linked groups and societies
* 160 diverse 'specialisms' - represented across 17 'faculties' and 7 'forums'
Accountable to both members and the public, RICS has four main roles:
* To maintain the highest standards of education and training
* To protect consumers through strict regulation of ethics and standards
* To advise global organisations, such as governments and regional boards
* To publish market information and research
Our members do a lot more than people realise...
The property market plays a key role in the global economy; comprising in some countries as much as 20% of the Gross National Product. With a resource this vital, businesses, governments and society need advice they can trust...and our members are the professionals they turn to.
Our members' services are diverse. Not only are they experts in all matters relating to real estate and construction, but they can also offer strategic advice in the economics, valuation, finance, investment and management of all the world's physical assets. From the construction of major public buildings to surveying the sea bed, from managing large property portfolios to auctioning antiques and much, much more!
Which is why at RICS we call our members 'property professionals'.
Our Contact Centre can give you names of RICS members in your area - Call 0870 333 1600 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org